Battery Exchange Saga

A few days before I left for WWDC, I requested a battery exchange for my MacBook Pro. I got a call from the courier on Friday before I left to confirm the delivery address and let me know that it would be delivered Monday. It turns out they left one digit off the address, which made it a non-existent address. I corrected them and let them know I would be out of town that day, so they should deliver it to my neighbor in the next building.

When I got back I found that the package was never delivered and no note was left. I tried to re-enter the same battery serial number on Apple’s page and got an error message saying that the exchange was already requested. I then called Apple and the person I talked to seemed to be using the same form. He just told me exactly the same thing I found from entering the serial number. He wasn’t able to do anything more than I could do through that form. He also couldn’t give me a tracking number for the shipment.

I then called DHL and after being transferred to several people and having to call back my local office I found that it was delivered to a completely different address. They would send someone to that address to recover the package. After I called them again today, I was informed that the package was recovered and will be delivered tomorrow morning. That’s how it stands now. I’ll see what happens tomorrow.

One response to “Battery Exchange Saga

  1. It's just the same in the UK: we have been used to DHL providing appalling service but thought that maybe things would have improved under DP ownership. Not so!

    The company has now resorted to LYING as a new reason to avoid delivering a package! Imagine our surprise when the package was undelivered yesterday because the "consignee is on holiday". Since there were at least three "consignees" at the premises all day yesterday, I can only assume the driver had better things to do and made this up.

    I have written to Maplin (the people we bought from) today suggesting they review their Carrier preferences and informing them that I shall not buy anything else from them if they use your company.