Site Problems

As some of you may have noticed, this site was having 500 internal server errors earlier this evening. WordPress was running out of memory, and it seemed to be plugin related. I moved all of the plugins out of the plugin folder and it started working again. By reinstalling plugins one at a time I was able to isolate the problem.

It turned out to be Alex King’s Twitter Tools. When I tried to enable it in the plugin page, WordPress reported a fatal error and didn’t enable it. I tried a different Twitter plugin, which seemed to work until got the same error when I published this post and it tried to send a tweet, The real problem was that somehow the PHP version reverted to 4.4.7 instead of 5.2.2 in Dreamhost’s domain control panel. Changing it back to 5.2.2 corrected the problem.

Leave a Reply