Links for 2008-09-04 through 2008-09-10:
- Obama is RESTful » Idol Hands: Days in the Life of an Alpha Geek – The candidates’ platforms could not be more different: JohnMcCain(.com) relies on corporate backing for his web site, which runs on Microsoft Internet Information Server and uses ASP. Barack Obama, in contrast, relies on widespread contributions from the community, in the form of open-source web technologies (PHP and Apache).
- Sarah Palin may have more in common with community organizers than she realizes – Pointing out the Hypocrisy of Palin's attacks.
- DesktopCoreLocation – This is a clean-room implementation of Apple’s CoreLocation framework that is part of the iPhone SDK.
It uses Apple’s own headers, which are installed when you install the iPhone SDK, as the interface, and implements all the functionality of CoreLocation in an embeddable framework.
- Talking Points Memo | Mystery Solved! – A lot of people were asking tonight: what the hell was that mansion up behind John McCain tonight during the first part of the speech? As I noted below, the TV close-ups only showed McCain's head against the grass in the picture, which made it look like he was reprising his famed green screen performance. And when they panned out, it looked like McCain was showing off one of his mansions.
- CocoaDev: Debugging Autorelease – Very useful tips for debugging memory allocation issues in Cocoa
Posted by Postilicious