It’s still much too early to start making my best album list, but there are so many great albums I’ve been listening to recently. Here’s a partial list.
- The Decemberists – The Hazards Of Love A rare album that needs to be listened to in its entirety.
- Grizzly Bear – Veckatimest Simply beautiful music.
- Animal Collective – Merriweather Post Pavillion Almost the entire album is now on my workout playlist.
- Fanfarlo – Reservoir This one is by far my current favorite. They sound a lot like Arcade Fire, yet they still sound fresh and original.
- Dark Was The Night (various artists) A must have album for indie music fans. The highlights include “Lenin”, a great new track by Arcade Fire; “Happiness” by Riceboy Sleeps (a side project by Jonsi of Sigur Ros), A new version of “Lua” by Conor Oberst, and new tracks by Sufjan Stevens, Bon Iver, and The Decemberists.
- Baaba Maal – Television Once again he proves that he can blend modern & traditional music better than almost anyone else. He still has one of the world’s greatest voices, although the arrangements frequently overshadow it.
DMB’s “Big Whiskey & the Groogrux King” would be on my list, but I didn’t get it until I returned from my trip and I haven’t had a chance to load it into iTunes yet.