I know there’s a snowball’s chance in hell that most of these will happen, but I can wish for them.
- Stop using the threat of terrorism as a political weapon to maintain control.
- Bring the troops home.
- Eliminate the use of torture to interrogate prisoners.
- Eliminate all domestic spying.
- Eliminate the TSA and DHS in their current form.
- Maintain separation of church and state.
- Don’t interfere with scientific research.
- Restore the balance of the three branches of government and reverse Bush’s power grab for the Executive branch.
Sadly, Ron Paul is the one candidate who would come closest. Clinton & McCain are the least likely to do any of these things. This country is no longer the “land of the free and home of the brave” thanks to Bush’s fear tactics. Let’s try to restore it.