The 99¢ ad-free version of I Can Has Cheezburger (which I submitted on June 15) is now available for sale. You can find it here. Strangely enough, the free ad-supported version, which I submitted at the same time, still isn’t ready for sale.
The new features in this version are:
- Use Cheezburger API to submit LOLs to ICanHasCheezburger.com
- Fixed non-working movies by embdding them in a web page, which can be clicked, rather than opening the URL directly
- Saves current item for all sites.
- Rewrote XML code to use NSXMLParser rather than a document-based parser.
- Massive code cleanup.
- Images are cached for faster viewing
- Added Once Upon A Win
- Ads from Collider (only in the free version, not in the 99¢ version)
For the next release I plan to add the ability to shake your iPhone for a random image, support for OS 3.0’s mail UI to send LOLs rather than switching to mail.app to send a URL.
I also plan to add support for authenticated access to I Can Has Cheezburger so LOLs you create will be attributed to your screen name on ICHC, and most likely a way to access your favorites. I’m considering making this feature available only in the premium version.