Links for 2011-02-15 through 2011-02-22:
- Why Borders went bankrupt – Interesting discussion on Quora
- Basics of effective FPS encounter design (via F.E.A.R. and F.E.A.R. 2) – I recently finished playing through the single-player campaign of Monolith's F.E.A.R. 2, a military first-person shooter with supernatural elements. In my mind, the design differences between the original game and its sequel highlight a few essential elements of good encounter design in a first-person shooter. These elements all support one primary tenet: Give the player (and AI) options
- Libya Ready to Fall? – Libyan leader Moammar Gaddafi's regime "showed more signs of crumbling as dozens were reportedly killed in the capital and Gaddafi's son and heir-apparent declared in a televised speech that the North African nation could fall into anarchy if his father was ousted," the Washington Post reports.
- iOs Inspires Me | Design showcase of the best looking iPhone/iPad app icons, app interfaces, app websites & resources – Showcase of the best looking iPhone & iPad app icons, app interfaces, app websites & resources
- A Couple CGAffineTransform Goodies –
Posted by Postilicious