I’ve had a Nexus 7 for two weeks and there are lots of things I love about it and some things I really dislike.
- I love the size. After using it, I really want a 7″ iPad.
- I really like the universal back button at the bottom of the screen.
- The soft home button moves to the correct position when you use it in landscape mode.
- Rearranging icons is less annoying than in iOS.
- Widgets can be placed on the home screen.
Not so good:
- UI is ugly. No rounded corners, shadows, or gradients. Everything looks flat & square.
- Endless march of notification icons across the top of the screen.
- Many of my favorite apps aren’t available for Android. The only Twitter app I use is Echofon because it’s the only one that syncs my mute settings as well as unread tweets. It isn’t available on Android, which seriously limits my ability to use Twitter on the Nexus 7.
For a long time I dismissed the rumors of a 7″ iPad, but after using the Nexus 7 it makes perfect sense. A 7″ tablet is a lot more comfortable to use than a 10″ tablet, yet the amount of screen real estate is just as usable.
5 thoughts on “Nexus 7”
I've been dismissing rumors of a smaller iPad for the past couple of years as well. It seems so un-Apple to me. I think that is largely in part because Steve Jobs probably did not one in order to simplify the product line. All the analysts said creating a smaller, cheaper model would benefit Apple but I always sided with the Jobsian point of view that creating smaller, cheaper devices was "shit" and wouldn't benefit the company. I think Apple will be able to create a great, smaller, and cheaper iPad. Apple always does things their way and most of the time they do it right. I'll gladly buy a smaller iPad if it's the same experience, only smaller and cheaper. The bad thing is that Google beat them to it and the Nexus 7 is selling like hotcakes. I think that Apple will be able to make a larger dent if they release a smaller iPad though at their own event. As we all know, their events are the king of the tech industry and are covered much more thoroughly in the mainstream media, technology blogs, and financial institutions.
Let's see if Google Comes up with Nexus 7 Sequel . Nexus 7 is performing fine in the market though.
Well if you still think that 7" is big, then wait for iPad Mini. Surely a lot of people are waiting for this.
Hi, I appreciate your post. I'd like to talk. I've heard a lil about it,not much…but im gonna hold out to see what google does. If not I can always get a Nexus 7…Remember Nexus devices get updates years down the line… I doubt any of the TF tabs will get the next iteration of Android after JB. cheers<3
Let's see if Google Comes up with Nexus 7 Sequel .
Comments are closed.