Links for 2011-8-19 through 2011-9-4:
- A Jobs Program In America This is what Obama needs to do. Of course the Republicans won't allow it.
- FoundSF San Francisco history.
- Old S.F. Browse old photos of San Francisco by date & location.
- productivity – What is your most productive shortcut with Vim? – Stack Overflow Nice overview of Vi commands.
- What they’re "protecting" us from – Anil Dash It's a choice whether you, or anyone else, wants to accept the falsehood that liberal values are somehow in contradiction with business success at a global scale. Indeed, it would seem that many who claim to be pro-business are trying to "save" us from exactly the inclusive, creative, tolerant values that have made America's most successful company possible. I side with the makers, the creators, and the inventors, and it's about time that the pack of clamoring would-be politicians be put on the defensive for attacking the values of those of us on this side.
Posted by Postilicious
Links for 2011-6-6 through 2011-7-13:
- The Rise and Fall of the Independent Developer
- Auto-Incrementing Build Numbers in Xcode I use the wonderful Test Flight to distribute builds. One thing that Test Flight is a little picky about is build numbers. When you upload a build, it uses the build number to see if you're uploading a replacement or a new build. It will let you create a new build even if you don't remember to increment the build number, but it's an extra manual step, and then you end up with two builds with the same build number.
- Correlated – Discover surprising correlations
- In-Depth View On Download Volumes In The Google Android Market | Distimo It is more challenging for developers in the Google Android Market than in the Apple App Store to monetize using a one-off fee monetization model. We found that only two paid applications have been downloaded more than half a million times in the Google A
- Appsterdam – A Haven for Indie App Makers?
- The Complete (?) List Of Cocos2D Tools A list of useful tools for Cocos2d development, including bitmap font editors, particle editors, physics editors, texture atlas tools, and tile map editors.
- Java-style servlets in Obj-C using Mongoose Server [Fábio Rodella, Crocodella Software] There are many clever ways you can benefit from having a HTTP server running inside your app or game. You can inspect your game entities at runtime (this #AltDevBlogaDay post talks about this approach), interact with your scripting engine for tweaking or even upload assets on the fly. Get creative
- Nimbus: Main Page Nimbus is an iOS framework that grows only as fast as its documentation. Its roots stem from the Three20 framework and much of its code is forked from Three20, though with meticulous care and thought.
- Gullah New Testament
- Free Graphics for Flash and Indie Games
Posted by Postilicious